Monday, July 8, 2013

Five Questions With Teddy O'Malley, Author of Tokka Tuomela Sixth Grader At Large

Hello Everyone!

Posting an interview with Teddy O'Malley, author of Tokka Tuomela: Sixth Grader at Large which I have not yet had the opportunity to review. Enjoy!

1. Tell me about yourself and how you first became interested in writing?

I am not very good at talking about myself. I love creating something that I hope will bring joy to others. I first became interested in writing when I was seven. I had an assignment to write a one page story about a day at the beach. I started writing the story, and I didn't want to stop. The words just flowed onto the paper. It was as natural as breathing.

2. What was the inspiration behind your book Tokka Tuomela Sixth Grader at Large?

I think of Tokka as my inner voice, the one that is not afraid of anything. She inspires me and I hope she will inspire others.

3. What's next on your plate?

I am working on my Destiny and Faith series and a book to follow Tell Me How You Say Goodnight.

4. Is there any particular writer or book that inspired you, either while growing up or as an adult?

As a child, Judy Blume was an huge inspiration. As an adult, Janet Evanovich is my hero.

5. What advice do you have for aspiring authors?

No matter what life throws at you, and no matter what people say, keep writing, keep creating, and keep dreaming.


A recently updated version of the story is available for free through Foboko. Teddy is also the author of Tell Me How You Say Good Night (a picture book), as well as Destiny and Faith Go to Twincentric Academy. Both are available on Amazon!



No comments:

Post a Comment