Friday, February 22, 2013

Some Thoughts on Interactive Books

Hello Readers,

When I was reading Time's Twisted Arrow, I also took a look at the author's website, which is almost like a companion novel! On this site, she posts diary entries written by various "CHRONOS historians". This allows for the reader to become completely immersed in the author's world. I really loved this idea. In the era of e-readers and tablets, I feel that authors could really benefit from using tools like this. I have seen several "interactive" books pop up recently in the iBook store, although many of them are for younger readers. I also play a lot of games on my tablet that sometimes feel like interactive novels (such as the Broken Sword franchise and Phantasmat, a mystery game). In the past, many of the games available on various consoles were very action-heavy, but there are now many options for casual gamers and book lovers. I would love to hear everyone's opinions.


  • Is there an interesting author blog that adds to your reading experience?
  • Have you read any interactive books for adults that you could recommend?
  • Do you have any game suggestions that you think readers would like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment