Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hello!


Hello Everyone,

I am new to the Blogger community, and would like to tell you a little about myself and my blog. I am a student in my early 20's, in the medical field. I am of Indian origin, but grew up in the U.S. I enjoy reading, writing, traveling, and good food and good wine.

Since I was young, I have always loved books. I was a shy child so I devoured stacks of books each week. I love all kinds of books. Mysteries, Romances, Fantasy, Non-fiction, you name it. The following are some of my favorite genres, however: mysteries (especially historical and murder mysteries)/women sleuths, romances (again, especially historical, as well as paranormal), fantasy (huge Harry Potter fan!), adventure (Hunger Games!), mythology (especially Greek), books about India, medical non-fiction (House of God, Complications), classic books (Great Gatsby, Streetcar Named Desire, 1984). I will, however, give anything a try.

So, fellow readers and writers, contact me! I would love to read your books and review them!

My Review Policies:

I am open to receiving solicited Advance Reading Copies and Review Copies of Books. My preferred genres are listed above, but as stated, I am open to reviewing books from other genres. I will not, however, review the following: books with explicit sexual content or otherwise offensive content (some sexual content is fine, but not rape, abuse, torture, etc.), excessively long books (maximum: 350 pages), foreign language books (I am sadly, only proficient in English. However, I can understand some Hindi. I am also fine with a book with some terms in another language, as long as a glossary is provided). As I am a student, I cannot promise to agree to every review request. It also may take me some time to get back to you. If you do not hear from me within 1-2 weeks, please assume that I am unable to accept your request/offer. My review copy preference is for e-books, followed by print copies. I have an iPad, so I can review your books on Kindle, Nook, iBooks, Kobo, GoodReads, SmashWords, etc. Once I accept your request, I will read your book and review it. The time it will take to review your book depends on the length and my schedule, but should not take more than 2-3 weeks. I will give it a rating between 1-5 stars, as well as a review. I will also showcase interviews and feature your books on my page.

Hope to hear from you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment