Sunday, January 24, 2016

Chai Time Recs "Snowpocalypse" Edition


Hi Guys,

Being snowed in has been a blast this weekend! I'm a lover of winter, having been born during a snow-storm. Below are things that have "struck my fancy" while I was holed up in my apartment.

Featured Wine: 


"The Seven Deadly Zins" Old Vine Zinfandel from Michael David Winery in Lodi, California.The wine is a blend of Zinfandel and Petite Sirah Grapes, and it is delicious. Probably one of my top 5 wines. Although I tend to be a Malbec girl, I'm glad I gave this one a try!

Featured Recipe: 


Sorry for the terrible picture! I made crispy quinoa patties with yogurt sauce this weekend, courtesy of the website "Sally's Baking Addiction". They were easy to make and delicious!

Here are the links to the recipe:
Quinoa Patties
Yogurt Sauce

Featured Song: 
Like I'm Gonna Lose You: Meghan Trainor featuring John Legend

The "All About That Bass" singer WOWED me in this beautiful slow song, accompanied by the always wonderful John Legend. I didn't realize she was hiding such a beautiful voice! The video itself is also very cute, showing relationships of different kinds. Not only do they show romantic relationships which include gay couples, interracial couples, and disabled couples; but they also show other kinds of love, such as the relationships between a young woman and her grandmother, and another woman and her newborn baby.

Featured Show: 

I recently started re-watching Scrubs, the medical comedy-drama by Bill Lawrence, which follows the lives of residents and other employees at the fictional Sacred Heart Hospital. Of all the medical shows out there, Scrubs will always hold a special place in my heart for its accurate description of how it feels to be an overwhelmed resident dealing with illness and death lurking around every corner; and despite it all trying to find time for your own life.

Featured Photo (s): 

Location: Ben Franklin Bridge, December 2015, Philadelphia

I took this picture on an outing with my family to Philadelphia last month. I am by no means a skilled photographer, but I am rather proud of this picture! Philadelphia never ceases to amaze me with its beauty.




Location: Thailand

This is a picture of my younger brother scuba diving in Thailand. I am insanely jealous of his adventures this winter!



I'm having difficulty linking to the original photo as I saw this on instagram but this hauntingly beautiful picture of DC (the city that will always have my heart!) during the recent storm was taken by Nick Cobbing, a photographer for National Geographic. Here's a link to the National Geographic Instagram Page.


Miscellaneous:
- Etsy: I recently bought a picture from artPause, who resides in the UK and sells beautiful pictures of skylines from all over the world!

- Stitch Fix: I would HIGHLY recommend this website, especially if you are a busy career woman. Stitch Fix has you take a style quiz, and then each month (or less frequently depending on your preferences), will ship you five items to try on based on your style preferences. You can keep as many items as you want and Stitch Fix will only charge you for those items you keep. If you don't keep any for that shipment, they will only charge you their stylist fee ($20). If you keep all 5, you get a 25% discount. Shipping is free for whatever you choose to return.The service is convenient and perfect for someone like me who hates going to the mall. When I return things, I give the stylist feedback, and I can definitely see that reflected in my next shipment. So far I've gotten four shipments and each one has gotten better than the previous shipment.

Use my referral link to sign up!

-Dear Wendy: an advice blog that I've been following for many years. Wendy is smart, blunt and to the point. Her advice (and advice from her readers) is always worth a read.

-"Before I Go" by Paul Kalanithi, a young Stanford neurosurgeon who recently died of metastatic lung cancer. His memoir, "When Breath Becomes Air" was published this month. I just downloaded the audible version, so stay tuned for my review.

Enjoy! And send me interesting links you find from around the web!

-chaitime212

No comments:

Post a Comment