Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Review: The Dreamreapers by Arthur S. Halsey, Jr.


Today has been an unusually productive day, because it was a snow day (my last one ever as I'm graduating this year!). I managed to knockout a couple of things on my queue, today, including finishing The Dreamreapers by Arthur S. Halsey, Jr. This is a short story. This is my first short story review, so bear with me!

The Dreamreapers is about a man named Arthur Munfrey (also referred to by several aliases in the story). He is investigating several flashers to uncover the truth about an occult organization. This story was not my typical genre, but the description sounded very interesting, which is why I accepted it for review. 

Firstly, the author's style of writing is simply excellent! I loved the evocative and descriptive language, which drew me in right away. The story was very intriguing, and when I reached the end, I was curious to find out more. However, it also let me a little confused. I didn't learn as much as I wanted to about the Dreamreapers. From what I understand, they use people's dreams as a method of travel. However, I am not sure as to why they were flashers (and why they were all female?). Despite this confusion, I liked the story. I thought it was very well written. I would like to see a longer version of this story, to learn more about The Dreamreapers and what Munfrey uncovers about the occult organization!

My Rating: 3 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment